How to make Vegetable Idli Recipe – Want to make get the goodness of Idli and yet enhance the dish? Then this is a perfect example. It uses a list of vegetables that add-in taste, health and flavor the final dish.
It might go a little heavy on the stomach because of the additional vegetables so the serving size needs to be thought of compared to the standard Idli.
We recommend that you serve this for breakfast so that it can kick-start the day with that healthy punch. You can pair this with Sambar or our favorite Coconut Chutney.
More Idli Recipes:
- Rava Idli Recipe
- Rava Idli and Dal Recipe
Learn how to make Vegetable Idli with this recipe card below.
Vegetable Idli Recipe - How to make Vegetable Idli
- 4 cups boiled rice
- 1 cup urad dhal
- 50 grams Peas
- 1 cup Cauliflower flowerettes
- 2 nos Potato Big
- 1 no. Tomato Big
- 1 no. Carrot
- 200 grams Onion Medium sized
- 2 tablespoon CasheCashew nutswnuts Split into 2s or 3s
- 6 nos. Red Chillies
- 2 teaspoon Bengal gram dal
- 1 tablespoon Coconut grated
- 1 teaspoon Urad dhal
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 10 nos. Curry leaves
- 50 grams Ghee
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
How to make:
- Grind rice and urad dhal separately with required amount of water.
- Then mix together this mixture, add salt and leave it to ferment for 10 - 15 hours or leave overnight.
- Cut Potatoes, cauliflower and carrots to small cubes and half boil the vegetables.
- Cut Onions and Cashew nuts into small pieces. Grind grated coconut, Fried Bengal Gram, Chillies and coriander leaves to a fine paste (like that of Chutney).
- Heat 3 tsps of Ghee in a shallow pan.
- Sauté mustard and yrad dhal for 2 minutes and then add curry leaves, tomato, onions, cashew nuts, half boiled vegetables and sauté for a few minutes till soft.
- Add ground ingredients into the batter along with the just sautéed ingredients.
- Pour this batter into greased plates into idli plates and steam cook for 10 minutes or till it is cooked.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.