Have some leftover Chapathis? Then why not make it spicy and give it a western twist?
Spicy Chapathi recipe is a variation to the popular Indian bread – the humble Chapatti :). Here we add Chaat masala and a little bit of chilli powder to make this spicy and hot! With the way you present it’ll surely be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Make this dish when we want to bring that zing into a boring meal or have to improvise over the normal Chapati. This is another Roti recipe that you should add under must-do main course Indian recipes.
This also can go into a large menu for a special occassion such as a wekeend menu or for a house party. You choose but we can assure that this will certainly brigthen up the palate of everyone who are used to the taste of a regular chapathi.
Serve this with dollops of tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
See below for a step-by-step recipe for Spicy Chapathi and let us know how it turned out.
Make fluffy Chapathis with this easy recipe
Spicy Masala Chapathi Recipe
- 4 nos. Chapatis Use fresh or leftover Chapattis
- 3 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1 pinch Salt to taste, as per your preference
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chat masala
How to make:
- Cut the chapatis into long strips (Use a pair of scissors), or cut them into triangles
- Fry them in oil till deep brown. Lay these fried strips on tissue paper.
- Apply salt, chilli powder and chat masala to these strips. You can also use grated cheese.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
- Serve hot.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.