Rava Idli Recipe Sweet | Sooji Idli Recipe Sweet – We all know that Rava Idli is the elite version of the humble Idli. Combining the unique taste and texture of Idli, the Rava Idli uses the nutritional benefits of Rava/Sooji/Semolina into a yummy Idli dish.
But if you have a sweet tooth like us, then you can convert the Rava Idli recipe into something sweet. So here’s a different South Indian breakfast recipe that is not too heavy on the stomach yet will bring cheer to everyone who likes sweets but without the calories associated with them.
This recipe uses dry fruits to bring that texture that kids and adults will love.
Here we are using Dry dates and raisins, but you could also add Cashew nuts, Almonds and pistachios to make this even richer. The Elaichi gives the subtle sweet flavor while coconut gives it that texture.
It is certainly a different Indian recipe compared to the normal Idli recipes, and some people might take time getting used to but once you like it, you are hooked to it :).
Other Idli Recipes:
Find step-by-step recipe for Rava Idli (sweet)
Rava Idli Recipe (Sweet)
- Idli pan
- 125 grams Raava Sooji
- 75 grams Urad Dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Elaichi powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 1 pinch Cooking soda
- 1 tablespoon Dry dates finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 3/4 cup Milk fresh
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 3/4 cup Sugar powdered
How to make:
- Soak dhal in required amount of water for 3 hours.
- Grind Urad dhal into a fine frothy paste and keep it aside for 8 hours after adding salt.
- Fry Rava in ghee till it turns light brown.
- Mix this with dhal and soda and if required a bit more of salt.
- Add grated coconut, elaichi powder, sugar, dry grapes, and chopped dates along with milk and keep aside for about half an hour.
- Grease the idli plates with oil or ghee.
- Pour the mixture over them and steam cook until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve hot with chutney or Veg Kurma for a delicious hot ‘n sweet idli.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.