How to make Peanut Burfi – quick and easy evening snack.
Peanut Burfi Recipe – with step-by-step photos is an easy Indian sweet dish that you can make without much effort. It brings out that distinct flavor of Peanuts is a fun form factor in the Burfi.
Generally Indian sweets are seen as difficult to make – well this one shatters that myth by having delicious Burfis ready in 30 minutes or less.
In this particular Peanut Burfi recipe, we’ve used Sugar but can substitute that with powdered Jaggery or a sweet substitute such as Stevia. Those will make the Burfi palatable for the health-conscious but the taste may vary a little.
Peanut Barfi is a great substitute for sweets, especially that are made during festivals such as Diwali, for others like Kaju Katli, Coconut Burfi. This one is a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
Check out other Sweet recipes:
Find recipe below for Peanut Burfi, with step by step photos.
Peanut Burfi Recipe
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon ghee for greasing the plate
How to make:
- Fry the peanuts for 7-8 minutes and cool it completely.
- Then remove the outer skin of the peanuts.
- Grind it in the mixer – Don't grind this in one shot. Otherwise the peanuts will release Oil which may completely hanper the end result.
- Grind this in 10-second intervals whilst observing the texture. Once you get a coarse powder, you can remove it from the mixture.
- Add the sugar and water in the non-stick kadai.
- Keep it in the low flame.
- Keep stirring the sugar continuosly until you get a single string consistency.
- Then add the grinded peanuts, cardomom powder and ghee – Continue stirring.
- At this stage, all the ingredients need to be completely mixed and should not stick to the pan.
- After this, switch off the flame and put it in the ghee greased plate.
- Cut the burfi in to small squares and allow it to be completely cool.
- Once it is cooled down, you can store this in an air-tight container
- Your yummy peanut burfi is ready to serve!! Enjoy the most delicious sweet!!
If Peanuts release Oil during grinding, can I still get the Burfi right?
No this is the most critical stage of the process. Make sure that you always grind the peanuts in 8-10 second intervals only. You’ll have to repeat the process several times until you get the coarse Peant powder that is required for this recipe
How do I check the string consistency of Sugar syrup?
Once the sugar melts take this in your fingers (thumb and index). Separate them and check how many strings that you see once you do that. When you first check this, you’ll not see any strings. Once you keep stirring (in low flame), you’ll achieve the single string consistency. If the single string consistency is missed, the Burfi will become hard. So be patient during this process.