Masala Roti Recipe to make a meal come alive!
Want to improve your Roti making skills to the next level, then why not make this Masala Roti that incorporates the wheat flour, gram flour (chick pea flour) and then gets in a few spices to make the simple Roti a bit more yum.
This is very similar to the Miss Roti, but there we use Fenugreek to take things a notch up.
Serve this with curries (Veg or Non-veg), simple Raita or Mint Chutney and Pickle.
It will definitely add that bit of jazz to an ordinary lunch or dinner menu and will be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Follow this simple recipe along, and let us know how it turned out for you.
Masala Roti Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cups Gram flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt to taste or as per your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon cummin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon water
How to make:
- Knead a slightly stiff dough, adding all above ingredients, and cover it with a wet cloth.
- Break off bits and make small potato sized balls.
- Roll to 3-4 mm thickness. Roast on griddle (tawa) as for Chapathi or Phulka
- Or after brown spots appear place direct on gas flame and puff, with help of tongs.
- Roti also may be done similarly if puffing with cloth, feels difficult.
- Apply ghee or butter and serve hot with curds, jam or sauce.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.