How to make Idli Manchurian recipe with leftover Idlis?
What do you with leftover Idlis? Throw them? Naaah! Make a new dish of course. Idli Manchurian sounds like a perfect combination of South India and China :-). This Manchurian uses leftover Idlis (or you can make fresh ones) which are then fried and seasoned with veggies and sauces. Kids and grown-ups will love this.
We tried this on a weekend and believe me they taste delicious. Try this as an evening snack or as a brunch option.
Step by step recipe for Idli Manchurian with photos below.
Idli Manchurian Recipe (with leftover Idlis)
- Left Over Idlis – 10
- Salt – as required
- Capsicum – 2 Nos.
- Onion – Chopped 4 Nos
- Soya Sauce – 1 Tablespoon
- Chlli Sauce – 1 table spoon
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- oil – for frying
How to make:
- Cut Idlis into small cubes
- Deep fry in hot oil till they are a deep golden brown
- Set it aside in pan to be used later.
- Slice Onions and capsicums into thin slices.
- In a seperate pan, heat a little oil and fry the onions and capsicums for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add all the sauces and salt into this pan.
- Fry with the sauces for a minute until they are mixed well.
- After this, add in the fried Idlis and stir-fry them for a minute.
- Remove from the fire, garnish with coriander leaves and service with a Chilli Sauce and Tomato Ketchup