Coconut Chutney Recipe | How to make Coconut Chutney: If you were looking for a simple, quick and very flavorful side-dish for Idli, Dosa and Vada.
Coconut Chutney has its origins in South India. This is a must-have accompaniment and typically features in restaurants serving traditional South Indian breakfast.
The Coconut Chutney recipe below uses simple ingredients and a simpler procedure to make it. However, it might take a few tries before you get the texture that you desire. Some like their Coconut Chutney thick while others prefer it to more watery.
Find step-by-step recipe below to make Coconut Chutney
Coconut Chutney Recipe – For Idli, Vada or Dosa
- 2 cups Coconut Fresh, shredded
- 10 nos. Red Chillies dry
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Hing or asoefetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Methi fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 2 teaspoon Channa Dal
- 1 nos. Tomato small
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
How to make:
- Heat some oil and add the dhals, curry leaves, hing, methi and red chillies.
- Fry till done.
- Add this to the coconut and tomato and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Goes well with dosas, idli and plain rice.